Partners are for 90 % Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) and 10% International Organisations. In 2009-2010 more than 900 CSOs were financed for more than 240 million Euros.
The following entities are eligible for EIDHR funding depending on the specific objectives of each action or call for proposals:
- civil society organizations;
- public and private sector non-profit organizations;
- national, regional and international parliamentary bodies, where the proposed measure cannot be financed under a related Community external assistance instrument;
- international and regional inter-governmental organizations;
- natural persons, where their help is necessary for achieving the aims of the EIDHR.